We stayed at the very central Carlton Hotel, which featured modern spacious rooms, had easy access to numerous shopping meccas and was situated across from the infamous Chijmes which is a cluster of trendy bars and restaurants – would certainly highly recommend this property.
The group enjoyed a fun-filled itinerary, including sampling some of the local cuisine on a Foodelicious Tour of the wet markets, an adventure packed day at Universal Studios, a Tri Shaw ride by night through the spectacularly lit streets, dining at some fabulous restaurants including Bread Street Kitchen by Gordon Ramsey and shopping
for a bargain!
Singapore has so much to do – we feel like we hardly scraped the surface and would recommend 5 nights minimum to really enjoy all the city has to offer. Taxis are cheap – really cheap! Food and drinks are expensive – really really expensive! However, shopping offers a similar range to NZ and at very similar prices.
TOP TIPS & HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Disregard the cost and take a special trip up to the top of Marina Bay Sands to experience a sunset cocktail whilst enjoying 360 degree views of the city.
- Indulge in the extravagance of High Tea at Raffles – never ending supply of
- delicious foods whilst being serenaded by a talented harpist.
- Sample a Singapore Sling – of course!
- Wander down Orchard Road to appreciate the never ending supply of shopping malls!
- Buy a rip off watch in Chinatown or get lost amongst the chaos of Bugis Street Markets
- If you are a thrill seeker – take a cable car ride and spend a day at Sentosa Island’s adventure playground.
- Experience a Bumboat cruise along the Singapore River showcasing the city by night - definitely stay to absorb the amazing atmosphere of Clarke Quay after your ride.
- Buy an Express Pass if going to Universal Studios – well worth the extra cost to avoid the lengthy queues... the Transformers ride was incredible!
- Enjoy an authentic Laksa at 328 Katong, best ever! But most definitely avoid the Mango Pudding at all costs!
Pictured with our newfound friend Gordon: Megan April (Cruise), Patrick Ablir-Wilson (Shorthaul), Julie Larking (Sports & Events), Tim Uelese (Shorthaul), Nick Mallinder (Cruise), The Man Himself, Tash Toma (Shorthaul), Richard Johnson (Cruise), Adriana Bossa (Wholesael Ticketing), Karen Raines (Ops Manager), Nicky Tucker (Cruise) Michelle Cochrane (Longhaul) and Cath McLeod (GM).