helloworld Travel Insurance
Even the most carefully planned travel experiences can go unexpectedly wrong. Regardless of how careful you are, it is important to prepare for the unforeseen and organise travel insurance as soon as you have confirmed your holiday booking. With helloworld Travel Insurance, help and assistance are just a phone call away.
We offer two policy choices. For the budget conscious we have the Essentials policy, which has restricted benefits and lower policy limits. The Comprehensive policy is our top of the range policy with higher limits and extended benefits for peace of mind while travelling.
Both policies offer the following standard policy features:
- Cover for medical and repatriation expenses
- Emergency assistance provided 24 hours/7 days a week by Allianz Global Assistance and their international assistance network
- Replacement cover for baggage items less than 2 years old
- Dependent children under 21 years are covered at no additional charge
- Rental vehicle excess cover
- Some recreational sports are automatically covered including:
- Leisure skiing and snowboarding
- Scuba diving (with PADI or NAUI qualification)
- Hot air ballooning
- Parasailing and paragliding
- Bungee jumping
- White-water rafting in grade 4 or less rivers
Our Comprehensive policy also includes:
- Civil unrest for the Pacific Islands
- Terrorism cover
- Automatic free cover for some Pre-existing medical conditions
You can also ask us for the following extensions:
- Private hospital care where reciprocal health agreements are in place
- Nil and high excess options
- Increased cover for specified high value items
- Cover for Pre-existing medical conditions
Your request will be subject to assessment, and if we agree to the extension, an additional premium may be payable.
Click here to view the full Policy Wording. This document details the benefits, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions available under each policy option. We recommend that you read and understand the Policy Wording prior to buying your insurance with us. Our agents are also available to answer your questions and assist you with the purchase of your travel insurance instore.
helloworld Travel Insurance Claims
If you have a policy with us and need to make a claim, you will need to complete a claim form:
Click here to download a claim form.
If you would like us to send you a claim form by email, you can request this from email@example.com.
In order to submit your claim you are required to:
1. complete the claim form;
2. provide us with the supporting documentation outlined in the section(s) of the claim form under which you are claiming;
3. provide us with any other information we require in order to assess your claim.
For urgent claims, you can lodge you claim by calling Allianz Global Assistance on 0800 884 512 (+64 9 487 0819 from overseas) and by submitting the fully completed claim form.
When you call, Allianz Global Assistance require:
1. your name;
2. your policy number;
3. details describing your emergency;
4. a contact phone number, including an area code.
You may lodge your claim with the supporting documentation whilst you are travelling or upon your return to New Zealand. If you do require assistance while you are away, please call us.
CONTACT ALLIANZ GLOBAL ASSISTANCE
FREEPHONE WITHIN NEW ZEALAND
Phone Number: 0800 884 512
Fax Number: 0800 800 167
TO CALL FROM OVERSEAS
Emergency Claims, Medical Assistance and Sales Support: +64 9 487 0819
Or refer to the emergency numbers provided in your Policy Wording.
Customer Services & sales support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Claim submission/additional information: email@example.com
P O Box 112 316, Penrose Auckland 1642
helloworld Travel Insurance is issued and managed by AWP Services New Zealand Limited trading as Allianz Global Assistance and underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Incorporated in Australia) trading as Allianz New Zealand. You should consider the Policy Wording before making any decisions about this travel insurance policy. For further information on Allianz Australia Insurance Limited’s financial strength rating, please refer to the Financial Strength Rating and Overseas Policy Holder Preference Disclosure Notice.
Financial Strength Rating and Overseas Policyholder Preference Disclosure Notice
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited has an AA- insurer financial strength rating given by Standard & Poor’s (Australia) Pty Limited. The rating scale* in summary form is: AAA Extremely Strong, BBB Good, CCC Very Weak AA Very Strong, BB Marginal, CC Extremely Weak A Strong, B Weak, R Regulatory Action Plus (+) or minus (-): Ratings from “AA” to “CCC” may be modified by the addition of a plus (+) or minus (-) sign to show relative standings within the major rating categories.
*A full description of the rating scale is available via www.allianz.co.nz/insurer-rating. An overseas policyholder preference applies. Under Australian law, if Allianz Australia Insurance Limited is wound up, its assets in Australia must be applied to its Australian liabilities before they can be applied to overseas liabilities. To this extent, New Zealand policyholders may not be able to rely on Allianz Australia Insurance Limited’s Australian assets to satisfy New Zealand liabilities.