A grand adventure - world renowned wines, snow-capped mountains, sun-drenched beaches, magnificent châteaux, Roman remains, excellent food and battlefield history.
This tour is a combination of Normandy, Brittany & the Loire Valley and Country Roads of France.
From price is based on 29 July & 22 July 2017 departure
- Côte d’Azur: Walk through the old streets of Monaco to see the Palace and Tomb of Princess Grace.
- St-Paul-de-Vence: Discover how this hilltop town became a refuge for artists.
- Arles: See the ancient two-tiered amphitheatre built by the Romans in the 1st century AD and which is still used for plays and concerts today.
- Lascaux II Caves: This caves contain some of the oldest and finest prehistoric art in the world. For preservation reasons, they have been replicated in all their glory.
- Paris: See the monuments, museums, buildings and bridges on a Seine River cruise through the heart of Paris.
- Bayeux: The tapestry is actually a 70m long embroidery that tells the story of the Battle of Hastings in 1066. Look out for King Harold with an arrow in his eye!
- Normandy Beaches: Join an emotive journey tracing the story of the D-Day landings. With a Local Expert visit the American Military Cemetery of St. Laurent and appreciate the valour of Rudder's Rangers among the bunkers of Pointe du Hoc.
- Mont-St-Michel: Savour your first sight of the fortified island of Mont-St-Michel. Cross the causeway for a guided tour through the maze of halls and vaults of the massive abbey.
- Château d'Ussé: Visit the fairytale castle, Charles Perrault's inspiration for his tale 'Sleeping Beauty'.
- Villandry: Beside the Cher River stands Villandry Castle, surrounded by France's finest formal gardens.
- Chartres: Inside magnificent Chartres Cathedral, marvel at the stained-glass windows, a riot of rich blues and reds, justly considered the finest medieval glass in France.
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS:
- Troyes: Explore the medieval heart of the Champagne capital.
- Chamonix: Stay in France's mountaineering capital.
- Annecy: Enjoy free time in the Little Venice area.
- Monaco: Drive on part of the Grand Prix circuit.
- Saint-Paul de Vence: Discover the village's artistic vocation.
- Aix-en-Provence: See the mansions of the Cours Mirabeau.
- Avignon: See the old Papal Palace and famous bridge.
- Pont du Gard: See the famous Roman aqueduct.
- Camargue: Visit Stes Maries-de-la-Mer.
- Nîmes: See the Maison Carrée and Roman Arena.
- Carcassonne: Enjoy a walking tour of this fortified town.
- Albi: See the soaring brick cathedral.
- Cahors: See the Pont Valentré.
- Rocamadour: Visit this medieval cliff top town.
- Dordogne: See the golden limestone buildings of Sarlat-la-Canéda.
- Paris: See Notre Dame Cathedral, Louvre, Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower.
- Scenic Drives: Burgundy, High Alps, Route Napoleon, Cote d'Azur, Camargue, Dordogne Valley.
- Rouen: See the Cathedral and Place du Vieux-Marché where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake.
- Normandy Coast: See the remains of the artificial Mulberry Harbour at Arromanches and drive along the D-Day landing beaches.
- St Malo: Walk along the fortifications and narrow streets.
- Loire Valley: See the imposing Châteaux of Saumur, Angers and Ussé.
- Paris: Enjoy a sightseeing tour of the French capital seeing the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame Cathedral, Louvre, Place de la Concorde and Arc de Triomphe.
|Per Person, Twin Share||fr $8,850*||Enquire Now|