Three and a half hours scenic drive from Quito lies Mashpi Lodge - a cocoon in the cloud forest situated on its own private 1,100 hectares of the endangered Choco forest and surrounded by another 18,400 hectares of natural protected area. With incredibly rich biodiversity, the area is internationally renowned as one of the best places on earth for bird watching. The area is free of malaria.
Hosting up to 48 guests, the award winning luxury lodge offers tasteful accommodation without trying to compete with the real attraction - the forest outside! Picture windows everywhere allows guests to feel part of their surroundings and at night, the only lights outside are the dance of myriad fireflies or the sparkle of the stars. An exciting addition to the Mashpi Lodge activities is the introduction of the 'Dragonfly', a gondola system that gently glides guests and their naturalist guide more than 2 km through the jungle canopy - there is an additional charge for this. Great food and expert guides so knowledgeable in all facets of flora and fauna found in this unique environment, will create enduring memories.
- 2 nights accommodation in a Wayra Room including all meals and soft drinks. Yaku Suite upgrade also available
- Tailor-made journey
- Transfers to from central Quito hotels
- Forest excursions with expert English speaking guides (apart from the Dragonfly gondola which is available at additional cost)
- Specialised lectures
- Waterproof ponchos and rubber boots
- A visit to the archaeological site of Tulipe
- Pristine Cloud Forest
- 600+ Species of birds
- Amazing flora and fauna
- Luxury lodge in a malaria free zone
|per person, twin share||fr $2,080*||Enquire|
|per person, single||fr $3,640*||Enquire|