One of the world's most luxurious trains, Rovos Rail offer guests world-class travel experiences, fine dining and the romance and elegance of a bygone area.
This delightful nine-day safari will entertain the most discerning golf player with optional excursions for non-playing guests at all venues. The Golf Safari begins in Pretoria and travels west to Sun City in the hills of the Pilanesberg. Spend a day at this renowned facility, including a game drive for non-golfers. In the foothills of the imposing Drakensberg Mountains, 18 holes await at the Champagne Sports Resort with a guided tour of the battlefields, a further highlight for non-golfers. Enjoy a game at Durban Country Club (or Beachwood) or tour the city. Then it's on to Zululand for game viewing at Hluhluwe before heading to Swaziland. Tee off at Royal Swazi or enjoy a game drive at Mkhaya and a visit to Ngwenya Glass and Guava Gallery. Golfers then play the challenging Leopard Creek course (dependent on availability) while non-golfers enjoy a game drive in the world-famous Kruger National Park, afterwards this memorable journey ends in Pretoria.
Half of the refurbished coaches in the Rovos stable date back to the 1920s and each has a story to tell. From the moment guests step aboard they will be delighted to relax among the traditional Edwardian furnishings. The rebuilt sleeper coaches are home to spacious suites, adorned with handsome wood paneling, paired with modern conveniences and comforts. The spacious suites are air-conditioned and offer the option of twin or double beds. Each suite has a sitting area, modern bathroom, personal bar and writing desk.
Meals are served in grand style in charming Victorian-themed dining cars. Tables are laid with crisp linen, fine china and sparkling silver, and the delectable meals are prepared with only the freshest local ingredients, complemented by a selection of excellent South African wines. There's also a rear Observation Car, where guests can marvel at the stunning views from the open-air balcony and large windows. It includes a cocktail lounge and a comfortable sitting room, the perfect setting to while away the hours.
Other guest areas include a non smokers and a smokers Lounge Car. Your Deluxe Suite, with double bed, has a lounge area and en-suite bathroom with shower. The wood paneled rebuilt sleeper coaches, remodeled and refurbished to mint condition, offer every modern convenience and comfort. The spacious suites allow you to travel in privacy, comfort and luxury, all equipped with a writing surface and a personal safe for valuables. There is also a bar fridge filled with beverages of your choice and room service is available 24 hours a day.
GOLF COURSES: subject to change
- Sun City- Gary Player
- Lost City Golf Course, Sun City
- Champagne Sports Resort, Drakensburg Mountains
- Durban Country Club and Durban Beachwood, Durban
- Zimbali, North Coast KwaZulu-Natal
- Royal Swazi, Swaziland
- Leopard Creek, Kruger Park Malelane
- White River, and Nelspruit Golf Club, Nelspruit
• Airport transfers in Johannesburg, Pretoria and Cape Town
• 1 night five star accommodation with breakfast in Pretoria
• Transfers between hotels and train stations
• 9-day Rovos Rail Golf Safari tour, including 8 nights in a deluxe suite; all meals and beverages (excluding French champagne); 24-hour room service; golfing at world-class South African courses (includes green fees, carts, halfway house and beverages, with options for non golfers including guided excursions such as safari game drives, city tours etc as per the itinerary; a limited laundry service; government tax.
• Economy Class flight Johannesburg to Cape Town
• 3 nights boutique accommodation with breakfast in Cape Town
02 Oct (train departs Pretoria 03 Oct)
13 Nov (train departs Pretoria 14 Nov)
|Oct/Nov, per person, twin||fr $13,138*||Enquire|
|Oct/Nov, per person, single||fr $18,890*||Enquire|