Fall head over heels for Puglia - an unspoiled, food lover's paradise.
See the curious trulli and sparkling white towns, the unique beauty of the Bay of Naples, and the sun-drenched Isle of Capri.
Tour Operator: Insight Vacations
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Please note: while prices are accurate at time of loading they are subject to change due to currency fluctuations and currency surcharges may apply.Please check price at time of booking
10 Oct 20
18 Oct 20
Day 1 - Welcome to Rome.
Transfers to your hotel depart from Rome's Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci Airport at 09:30, 12:30 and 15:30. Join your Travel Director at 17:30 to explore the Eternal City, passing the Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches scattered throughout the city. Get to know your fellow travellers over a pleasant Welcome Dinner as you dine at your hotel's restaurant, Unique al Palatino.(Dinner with Wine)
Day 2 - Across the Apennines to the Trulli Town of Alberobello.
Head southeast, through the sun-baked landscapes to the region of Puglia and its most spectacular town, Alberobello, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. With your Local Expert, explore the small, white-washed stone houses - known as Trulli - which are clustered together throughout the city and built entirely without mortar.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 3 - Exploring Alberobello.
Puglia is a paradise for wine-lovers. Join an expert vintner for a tasting of the region's most robust and structured reds - as rich and complex as anything you’ll find in Tuscany! For your Dine-at-Home experience, you are welcomed into a local family's home. See Nonna making orecchiette pasta and join her for a traditional freshly prepared southern Italian meal.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 4 - Free Time in Alberobello.
The day is free for you to enjoy this extraordinary town as you wish. Why not join an Optional Experience to the stunning city of Ostuni? With its dazzling white-washed houses and fascinating history, it is a true delight.(Breakfast)
Day 5 - The Sassi di Matera and Sorrento.
Visit Matera with a Local Expert for an in-depth exploration of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Sassi — a labyrinth of cave dwellings, churches, staircases and arches, hewn out of the solid rock. You may recognise Matera as the biblical backdrop for the film ‘The Passion of the Christ.’ Your journey continues with rolling green hills and wide mountain views paving the way, as you head towards the Tyrrhenian Sea. Take the dramatic coastal road to the lively clifftop town of Sorrento. Perched upon the cliffs, look out to see the mighty Mount Vesuvius across the Bay of Naples.(Breakfast)
Day 6 - Capri, The Isle of Dreams.
Cruise by hydrofoil through the impossibly blue sea to the sun-drenched island of Capri. On arrival, ride an open-top taxi up to Capri town where your Local Expert escorts you to Caesar Augustus Gardens for views of the Faraglioni rocks and a refreshing lemon granita. After exploring the winding cobble streets, descend to the port by funicular before returning to Sorrento where you are at leisure for the rest of the day.(Breakfast)
Day 7 - The Amalfi coast and Positano.
Travel along Italy’s finest coastline, the Amalfi Coast. Stop for a bird’s-eye view of the terraced houses of Positano before venturing in to the heart of the town. There’s time to be tempted by the boutiques before returning to Sorrento to enjoy stunning views down to the clear waters of the Bay of Naples. Maybe relax over coffee and contemplate your options. You could stroll down to the harbour, visit the Church of St. Francis, take a swim from the foot of the cliffs or just relax and enjoy the warm, southern sunshine.(Breakfast)
Day 8 - On to ill-fated Pompeii and Rome.
Journey north to the ancient Roman city of Pompeii, eerily preserved by the eruptions of Mount Vesuvius in A.D. 79. Your Local Expert walks you through cobbled streets to explore some of the shops, villas and temples. Witness the colourful frescoes that were hidden for centuries. Continue beneath the brooding hilltop monastery of Monte Cassino and back to Rome where your journey reaches its zenith in the evening. In the heart of the Eternal City, you are treated to a quintessential Italian experience – fine food, wine, music and a private performance of enchanting operetta for your Celebration Dinner.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 9 - Arrivederci Roma.
Departure transfers arrive at Rome's Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci Airport at 07:00 and 09:30.(Breakfast)