Why you'll love this trip
In the beautiful Samoan language Fa'a Samoa literally means ‘The Samoan Way’. The phrase refers to the Samoan culture and traditions that influence the lives of many Samoan people and you’ll experience this for yourself in an immersive village tour, but also as your local leader introduces you to the culture and traditions throughout the trip.
Stay right on the beach in traditional Samoan villas, known as fales, that allow you to get as close to the ocean as possible.
Make the most of the pristine water and slide down a natural rock slide into the waterhole at Papase’ea, visit the stunning sandy beaches such as Vauvua and Lalomanu and snorkel in Palolo Deep Marine Reserve teeming with tropical fish and coral.
Be amazed by the ancient Star Mounds in Cape Falealupo, one of Samoa's most sacred places, and the remains of the Virgin's grave, the LMS Church and stretches of lava rocks which are evidence of the destructive eruption in 1905.
Enjoy a fiafia night, a traditional celebration of dance, costumes, music and feasting on dishes that are cooked in a traditional umu oven using hot volcanic rock.
Is this trip right for you?
There are many water-based activities included on this trip. You will get the most out of this trip if you are a competent and confident swimmer. If you are not so confident, we recommend that you bring a life jacket from home to allow you to still participate safely.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Meals7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners
TransportPrivate vehicle, Ferry
AccommodationHotel (2 nights), Samoan Fale (2 nights), Villa (3 nights)
- Apia - Papase’ea Sliding Rocks
- Apia - Mailelani soap workshop visit
- Apia - Robert Louis Stevenson historical home
- Apia - Bahai house of worship
- Apia - Palolo Deep Marine Reserve
- Apia - Handblocked textile workshop visit
- Savai’i - Salelologa Market visit
- Savai'i - Alofaaga Blowholes
- Savai’i - Afu Aau Waterfall
- Savai’i - Cape Falealupo half day tour
- Savai’i - Canopy tree walk
- Savai’i - Ancient Star Mound
- Savai'i - Saleaula Lava Fields
- Savai'i - Manase Beach
- Poutasi - Traditional games & cultural activities
- Poutasi - Fire knife demonstration
- Poutasi - Traditional village welcome
- Poutasi - Customary feast
- Lalomanu - Fia Fia Night
- Lalomanu - Sopoaga & Togitogiga waterfalls
- Lalomanu - To Sua Trench
- Upolu - Vava’u Beach