On this small group scheduled tour, you’ll visit the hotspots of Tanzania’s safari destinations. Stay at eco-friendly tented camps and lodges and away from the larger crowded lodges during peak seasons. A one way scenic flight on the return is an optional extra. This is a wonderful safari for those short on time!
Note: There is also an “Ngorongoro & The Serengeti private” tailor-made private tour option available on select dates.
Duration7 Days / 6 Nights from NZD $9,355*
CountriesEast Africa, Tanzania
Type of JourneyWildlife, Smallgroup
• Tarangire National Park • Ngorongoro Crater • Serengeti National Park
17, 26 Feb
7, 28 Sep
- Small group tour (maximum 7 guests)
- 6 nights’ safari tented camps
- 1 night lodge accommodation
- 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 6 dinners
- Local beer, house wine, and soft drinks at the lodges in Ndutu or Serengeti
- Bottled water in the safari vehicle
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Transportation by safari vehicle
- Game drives and Ngorongoro Crater visit
- Fixed-wing flight from Ndutu or Serengeti to Arusha/Kilimanjaro
- National Park and camp/concession fees
- Beverages not listed as included
1 Jan – 15 Mar; 14 – 31 Dec
16 Mar – 31 May; 1 Nov – 13 Dec
1 Jun – 31 Oct
12400Please note: while prices are accurate at time of loading they are subject to change due to currency fluctuations and currency surcharges may apply. Please check price at time of booking
Day 1: Arusha > Tarangire
From Arusha, depart early and drive to Tarangire National Park. During the dry season (June to September) thousands of animals including elephant, buffalo, giraffe, wildebeest, kudu, and the rarely seen oryx migrate from the dry Maasai steppe to the Tarangire River in search of water. Spend the day enjoying game drives in the area, with picnic lunch included. Overnight at a tented camp in Tarangire.
Day 2: Tarangire National Park
Enjoy a day at leisure. You can go on morning game drive in Tarangire or relax at your accommodation. Overnight at a lodge.
Day 3: Tarangire > Karatu / Ngorongoro
An early start to enjoy a full morning and picnic lunch in the Ngorongoro Crater, often seeing four of the big five with ease! From the crater drive to the Serengeti. Stay a total of three nights in the Serengeti at one or two wilderness camp properties (depending on the season).
Day 4: Karatu / Ngorongoro > Serengeti
You will continue your journey to Serengeti National Park today.
Day 5 & 6: Serengeti National Park
Spend your next few days exploring the Serengeti – unequalled for its beauty and home to more than three million large mammals spread over the vast endless plains. It is here, at certain times of the year, that we may encounter the breathtaking spectacle of the annual wildebeest migration, where one and a quarter million wildebeest trek in columns of up to 40 km long in search of grazing, drawing with them their predators and numerous other species of game.
NB: Balloon safari optional – pricing upon request.
Day 7: Serengeti > Arusha / Kilimanjaro
On your final day, after your breakfast, you can choose to drive back to Arusha OR enjoy a scenic flight (at additional cost) over the Rift Valley edge back to Arusha.
- Please enquire for pricing to add on a Serengeti hot air balloon flight (subject to availability)
- Departures will only operate with a minimum of 2 guests
- The price of the included fixed-wing flight is subject to change
- A luggage restriction applies to the flight on Day 7, please enquire for details
- Please see our Ngorongoro & The Serengeti Private Tour on our website for private pricing